Bargersville Community Fire Department District
The Bargersville Community Fire Department was started with creation of the Bargersville Men’s Club in the years of 1941-1942. Dues where $10 a year. The club originally met at a gun range across from Umbargers & Sons grain elevator on Old Plank Road.
The name was soon changed to the Bargersville Community Association. In 1954, the association became Bargersville Fire Department Incorporated. Bargersville Firefighters joined the union in 2010. Bargersville Fire Protection District covers an area that incorporates part of White River Township and all of Union Township. We have the largest coverage area, 62 square miles covered by two stations.
Most of the population is in the northern part of our area and the rest is rual farmland. We cover an area from Banta Road (CR 800W) east to Honey Creek Road south to State Road 44 and north to Stones Crossing Road.